Inca Trail Short
2 DAYS / 1 NIGHTS
The Inca Trail is beyond a doubt one of the most beautiful trails in the Americas and therefore an unforgettable experience not to be missed. The trail leads through the protected wild nature of the Peruvian jungle and forest steppe, also passing several archeological Inca sights and offering impressive views. The Incas used this trail for the pilgrimage to the sacred citadel Machu Picchu. This is a great trek if you don’t have time for the 4 day trail but still wish to experience a part of the original Inca Trail.
1ST DAY: CUSCO – KM 104 – WIÑAYHUAYNA – MACHUPICCHU – MACHUPICCHU TOWN
Our journey starts early in the morning. After our arrival at km 104 by train, the Royal Inca Trail begins with a short hike to Chachabamba (2, 270m/7, 560f), where our guide will inform you about the previous function of this archeological site. Next, we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2,650m/8,820f), the most important archeological site besides Machu Picchu. After that, our trail continues towards the Sun Gate “Inti Punku”, a nice viewpoint from which we can enjoy the sunset at Machu Picchu (2400m/8,000). Since we have to continue our walk to our hotel in Machu Picchu Town, we will only spend a little time in the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu on the first day.
Hiking time: 06 hours
Total distance: 12 km.
2ND DAY: MACHUPICCHU TOWN – SANCTUARY OF MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We have an early start to Machu Picchu Inca site, and enter for the best photo opportunities. Following the guided tour, take the time to explore and wander around the marvel that is Machu Picchu by yourself. After, you will need to make your way back down to Aguas Calientes for a well-deserved rest and lunch. You will finally get the train to Ollantaytambo and bus back to Cusco.
Hiking time: 02 hours
Total distance: 4 km
- Transfer from hotel to train station in Ollantaytambo
- Tourist train to 104km (2Day inca trail starting point).
- Tourist train from Machupicchu Town to Ollantaytambo or Poroy train station and bus to Cusco.
- 3 tourists bus tickets per person
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Professional Spanish and English speaking tour guide
- Meals: Day 1: packed lunch, and dinner at a restaurant, and Day 2: packed breakfast
- Hotel in Machupicchu Town.
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
- Last lunch (recommended in Machupicchu Town)
- Entrance fee to the hot springs (S/ 10.00 soles)
What do I need to bring?
- A 30 or 40 liter backpack with rain cover
- Warm and cold clothing
- Trekking boots.
- Flip flop or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Long- and short-sleeved T-Shirts.
- Sun hat
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Machupicchu Town).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, and toilet paper.
- Camera and extra battery (wrapped in plastic bag)
- Snacks, such as chocolate bars, dry fruit, etc.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card (In case you are student) and extra money (Soles and dollars cash
Prices per person 2016 $ 485.00 USD.
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the trek
-Train service upon request: Expedition train, Vistadome train, Hiram Bingham (Luxury Orient Express)
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 40.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.