Ausangate Rainbow Mountain
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snowcapped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination. The colorful hills, hidden deep in the Andes.
Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate Mountain towering in the distance. As you get closer to Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the colored minerals that form the painted hills, and finally we will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up the sacred land.
*A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
- Breakfast and lunch prepared by our chef
- Snacks for the trek
- Private transportation to and from your hotel in Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking expert trekking guide
- Entrance tickets to access private land
- First aid kit & Oxygen
*Horseback available upon request, at an additional cost
*We run our trips daily with a 2 person minimum. We take only small groups & private trips, to maintain the experience giving you the full attention of our guides and staff.
This is a challenging day of hiking. Hikers should be reasonably fit, and spend some time in Cusco to acclimate (we recommend 3 days in Cusco or similar elevation). The hike takes place over 4970m (16,300ft) and is about 16 kilometers in length (9.5 miles) in total length, with an elevation gain of 685m (2250ft). The main reason this trek is difficult is because of the elevation. The terrain is a gradual climb and you are walking in a wide valley for the majority of the trek. Please consult your doctor for proper advice on trekking in high altitude.
2016 prices per person $ 160.00 USD.
Please contact us, specifying:
-Number of people in the trek
-Train service upon request: Expedition train, Vistadome train, Hiram Bingham (Luxury Orient Express)
– Students: US$ 20.00 (students require a valid International Student Identity Card.
Please note that Youth Travel Cards are not valid)
– Teenagers: US$ 20.00 (up to 15 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Children: US$ 40.00 (up to 7 years of age, passport copy required for all bookings)
– Early bookings: 5% on full program price for all bookings confirmed at least 6 months in advance. This discount may not be applicable in case a promotional price is offered
Featured Perú Tours
Private and completely personalized, your one-of-a-kind itinerary takes into account all the practicalities as well as the fun stuff
COPYRIGHT © 2019 NATIONAL PERU TRAVEL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.